First Dive Trip/ Ow Checkout @ Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so thrilled you had a blast and such a great experience. I also did the UDE with them in Sept last year. The Allegro was under construction at the time so they moved us to the resort next door. Pro Dive is such a great dive operator in the area. I was really happy with them and would dive with them again in a heartbeat. I'm glad to hear that your air consumption is getting better! Your post brought back so many great memories. I can't wait to go back and can understand why some people want to go back year after year. :)

Hey guys so I am back from my trip! It was fantastic, I stayed at the Allegro Cozumel from the 9th to the 16th taking part in the Ultimate Dive Experience.

I travelled with Dan's Dive shop (my LDS out of St Catharines ON) and in total we were a group of 8. I also got certified with them while I was down there so I am a now certified diver!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I logged a total of 12 dives down there.

The Resort:

The resort is really nice, it is small, and has a dive shop on site. I am a super picky eater and I was able to find fantastic food for every meal everyday! The staff at the resort is fantastic, they are what makes the place so awesome! With the Ultimate Dive Experience (UDE) we got upgraded rooms, a private lounge (with self serve alcohol), discounts on dives, and free computer access during the day. The resort itself has really pricey wifi which is not worth it during a vacation. The bars on site were awesome as well, I spent some time at the sports bar with Sergio the bartender, met some cool divers there as well, which some of them I hope to dive with again in the future!

View attachment 372049
Dive Club with self serve bar and great view!

View attachment 372050
View from my room

The Dive Shop:

The dive shop is great, and the dive masters are real pros. They don't have much to buy beyond T-Shirts and Hats so don't go thinking you will get a discount on a computer like I did lol (luckly I rented my gear with Dan's dive shop) The gear they rent are all jacket style with short hoses. Decent enough I suppose, I didn't hear any complaints, but I dive in a BP/W. All the reefs are fantastic! It is a marine park so there is a $2 USD charge per day of diving. I also took part in a special dive to wreck C-53! it was fantastic, when I finish editing the video I'll upload it to youtube and post a link.

My Highlight:

Getting certified in Cozumel was the best, what topped it off is that since I was travelling with my LDS I didn't have to get a referral. All the diving is drift, so I was a little nervous at first as I flew with the current, and chewed through my air, but as the week went on I was logging 35-40 minute dives at 60'. Which I consider a pretty good start.

I would certainly go back again! The staff work so hard to keep you happy and even though the resort is a 3.5 star, it really didn't feel like it. For diving this resort is wicked awesome!

Cheers!

Slym

View attachment 372051
Me as a newly certified diver! :D
Awesome... Thanks for the great review & pics! The wife and are are staying at the Allegro July 9th-16th with the UDE...I am taking AOW with ProDive while there. Wife is newly certified so we are very excited about the trip.

Awesome... Thanks for the great review & pics! The wife and are are staying at the Allegro July 9th-16th with the UDE...I am taking AOW with ProDive while there. Wife is newly certified so we are very excited about the trip.

One of my DBs got his AOW out there. He had just completed his OW and had maybe a handful of additional dives under his belt. He had a great time!

Cmsawyers73 ... I will be there the same time as you. The UDE was sold out so I will be in a "regular" room but likely see you on the boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom