First dive with drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Took my ebay special (TLS350) to the water yesterday...

For my first experience in a DS, I was expecting to have to spend a lot of time dialing things in...used an Al BP, single steel 120, and 4 lbs of lead (got lucky, this was almost perfect weighting...if I use a canister light next time I can lose the wt belt...)

Dropped down a couple of feet, felt the suit compress, hit the inflator, tweaked the wing and off we went...did a 60 min dive with zero buoyancy issues. In fact, hovering and holding stops was even easier than in my wetsuit.

This dry diving stuff is gonna be good...can't believe I waited so long to make the move.

Now, I've got to start acquiring all the add-ons...p-valve, pockets, undies, larger fins, etc....

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
used an Al BP, single steel 120, and 4 lbs of lead (got lucky, this was almost perfect weighting...if I use a canister light next time I can lose the wt belt...)

4 lbs of weight? Huh? Fresh water? How much do you weigh? Which style and thickness was your undersuit?

I wear 26 lbs in a 7mm wetsuit and fully expect to carry that or a bit more this weekend when I try my TLS350 in the ocean. I tried it for the first time in the pool yesterday and loved it.

Enjoy!

I'm 6'/175 lbs...more on the 'lean' side of the body fat scale.

My undergarments consisted of a sleeveless t-shirt and cotton sweat pants. Going to saltwater/400g thinsulate will change the weighting scenario for sure...

Using double steel 95s on Friday...the weight belt will stay home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom