First dry dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim,

Don't worry, the stuff on your "cons" list will get better with more practice. I have the same suit, and at first I found venting to be a little difficult, but now it's second nature. I find it works best if I give myself a tight hug, while rolling slightly to my right side, making my left shoulder the highest point. I also leave the vent completely open while diving, as I have found that the air regulates itself through the dive (any excess automatically vents) and I only need to wory about venting when doing my final ascent. Good luck!!

Well I did two more dives today - I like it better each dive. Bouyancy control is improving and I think another 3 or 4 dives it will be back to where I was before the DS. I did add a cuff dump last night and LOVE IT! That works so much better for venting - and once I get rid of the shoulder valve it will be a lot easier to donn my rig too. First dive today was 84 minutes with an average depth of 25ft, second dive was 71 minutes avg depth aprox 18ft. This was good news as my SAC is coming back down to normal again (.47 today) I did find I could not reach my valve any longer, so I need to work that problem out next.

btw - temp today was 79* lol

Aloha, Tim

I would imagine you sac lowerd do to the task loading you had learning new tricks. a few more dives and you will probably not even notice any differance. might even get better now that you arent getting cold in that warm water :D

Back
Top Bottom