First local dive for 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I broke out the dry suit and hit the surf saturday (4/8) in Canadagiua Lake for a Ds practice dive, its amazing how much you lose when not using the DS for a while. The conditions were strong surface current, temps air 31, water 34. Viz was not bad, 30-50 ish. Now I really have the itch for more bottom time.

where did you dive in Canandaigua Lake?

I went in on private property with a friend who had permission..... Wish deep run was open!

yeah, me too. Cool, lucky ya! I am trying to find a local dive around here so I can brush up my drysuit skills before goin' to Dutch Springs in May.

Ya, good luck, once my buds dry suit comes in, we'll probally head up to A Bay and visit the islander, till I drop in the boat.

Thats a good queston. I checked my log book, and the earliest I've been in the river is early May, (except for one ice dive). Your closer than I am in rochester, if you get up there, let us know.

Ill give the dive shop up in that area a call and see if anyone has been on it resently. I tried to stop by there today but a bulldozer was moving dirt around blockin the drive.

I'm trying to get some folks from the local club out of Aquatic World to head up to A Bay this Sunday. One of the tech divers out of Utica was by the shop last weekend, said there's no ice, clean to dive :)

(The buoy's reading just under 40F, and the weather for Sunday looks decent.)

Water was 41F on Easter at the Islander. Pretty windy on the surface. A bunch of folks were out playing with scooters. Vis OK, though not great, water pretty clear. Per one of the techs, the old boat is looking a bit unstable after the past Winter; I didn't really notice, as this was purely a first checkout dive of the season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom