First Night Dive with Helios 10W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Take it on every dive. Had it on about 30 or so dives since I got it earlier this year. Love it in the low viz that seems to be this season. But I've never had it on a legit night dive before Sat Night.

Love it. Although I keep it in laser mode most of the time, I did open it up a few times on the night dive. I can see this being a real plus (the wide beam) when in clear water. There was so much detritus in the water the other night that it was like having your high-beams on in the fog...it gets worse, not better.

This light has a very different effect on critters at night. I try to keep it out of their eyes all the time, but when I miss in the daytime and zot them, I get a pi$$ed off glance or a short dart away. Heating up a critter at night with this thing is simply cruel. I gotta be more careful.

Of course, it paralyzes lobster - while keeping both hands usable. I can't wait for the So Cal Lobster opener in a few weeks. I suck at lobster hunting, but I believe I'll do better this year. I surely can't do worse.

3 dives, total of about 165 burn minutes - and it again performed flawlessly. I love this thing.

K

Love it. No problems so far.

K

Back
Top Bottom