First off hello to everyone, newbie here, best place to take class in St. Pete area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Captain Jack! Brian trained us also. He was great. My hubby and I are also looking to go diving with them when it gets a bit warmer (hey, there was an article in the St Pete Times today about a possible Great White sighting off Anclote Key....so I'd definitely wait until it gets warmer).

Welcome to the board. I agree with everything said above. BUT the most important part is the instructor. Interview him, can you learn from him or her? If not move on. It's your money, so don't be pushed into a certain dive shop. You got so many choices in FL, you shouldn't have a problem finding an instructor you can realate to.

Hi Lucky Dog,

Dove with Instructor Brian from Narcosis SCUBA in Tarpon Springs area. Went to Weeki Wachee but missed out on seeing the mermaids and manatees! Brian was a great instructor with great stories, esp. where he got certified in Thailand.

Haines777

Hi, Welcome aboard. You might want to consider taking an in depth look around some of the forums for some really good advice about OW certification. there is alot of experience out here!!! Good luck, be careful, see you back here soon!!!

Welcome to Scubaboard. It is good to have you with us. There and a ton of divers in this forum. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of them and diving together. Many of the divers are from your general area. Enjoy.

WELCOME TO :sblogo:
Good luck with your classes! You will definitely not regret being able to swim with the fishes!

Carolyn:sharks:

you can check out Tackle Shack or Bill Jacksons. just watch out for the dive shops that want to sell you everything under the sun. there are a couple shops out there that Will NOT train you unless you buy from them........that tells you a lot about those shops.......also, Jim's Dive shop in St. Pete is another great shop.......

Back
Top Bottom