First penetration dive.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some agencies treat swimthroughs differently. Aside from the obvious requirements, day light zone, distance and so forthorth, its up to the instructor to decide if something constitutes a swimthrough or a real overhead.

I'm not saying I agree with this but the alternative to this clerification was to boot out half the instructors in the world.

Stone once bubbled...
For comparison purposes, the level of penetration for this wreck is on the same order as the Ancient Mariner (Ft Lauderdale).

The instructor was not being irresponsible.

Yea, I agree with Stone. We have hundreds of shallow artificial reef wrecks here and o/w divers, including instructors with students, regularly safely "penetrate" the above-decks areas.

There's a massive difference in this and either a) any penetration of a natural/real wreck or b) below decks penetration of any wreck.

Tom

Dear Genesis,

It is not how you feel that matters.
Your instructor may be the top of the tops in what concerns overhead diving.
You are not ...
When a certified wreck diver is the buddy of a non certified diver, he/she should at least ask the non certified "are you ok to enter?"
And, no matter who you are with, you should not enter if you are not trained to do so.
Friend, even certified instructors sometimes make mistakes? Would you be able to help your instructor should she make a mistake? I doubt. Not with your training and experience.
Maybe you didn't feel at risk, but she did risk your life.
Risk is real regardless of what you think ...

Take care and dive safe

Armando

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom