First pool session - greatest thing I have ever done in my life.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No joke, screw a PS3 - I didn't even go deep yet, but I haven't had this much fun in a LONG time.

Cool!

The only thing cooler than Virtual Reality is Actual Reality. :cool:

Terry

Great! (Can we indulge in a little "I told you so"?)

lol It only gets better!

You ain't seen nothing yet! Have fun.

Welcome in the water. :-D

Welcome! Good to hear you're enjoying your classes. I just did a "Try Scuba" session for a gentleman the other day. I was told by my LDS's manager that he enjoyed it so much that he signed up for the next up- coming class the next day.

Greetings Raphyy and welcome to SB! Only awesome things await, I must warn you there is more adventure and excitement ahead. Savor every moment of the training and practice the skills till they become reflex! I challenge you to dive as much as your budget will allow. Research your local scene and find some good dive buddies willing to take you under their wing. Try a local dive clubs as they are good places to meet other divers and find gear tips as well as used gear. Remember to always dive with in your limits and be a SAFE diver! Have a blast and remember to keep us posted on your progress. CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Raphyy....you sound like me when I first did it. I did the "Intro to Scuba" in a pool where the water was less than 5 feet deep (kneeling my forehead was still out of the water but my mask was submerged) and I still jumped out of the water and said "HOW MUCH?" I started almost immediately and was certified a short while later and have continued on with certifications and diving. You will soon be able to see and do things that many others cannot and I am sure this excitement you feel right now, will likely not leave your mind. Especially living in Florida.

Welcome to scuba diving and welcome to ScubaBoard.

My dad and brother are certified, and up until yesterday I was only doing it to join them, now I realize that there probably isn't anything better then breathing underwater =). They'll be my diving buddies so I'm good. I'll do my first open water dive tomorrow, and apparently my dad will be filming it - which is awesome. I'll post the vid for you guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom