First pool session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to GO !!!!!! Really glad that you had all the FUN !! Remember all these are supposed to be a Recreation activities and the rule is to have FUN !!

I cant wait for my first pool session !!! had my class last evening and the instrutor was GREAT

Keep us posted ! we love to read ! :D

Hi Dxtreme:

Yeah, it was really cool. Though I'll admit freely that I was nervious for quite a bit of it.

I'm happy you're getting actual class time. I did all my "classwork" at home.

I really didn't have any trouble though and was able to progress at my own rate. I did really well with the material and asked for help from my instructor and diving friend when needed.

I don't know about you, but I was actually counting the hours until my first pool session. I was like a kid the week before Christmas. It was nearly more than I could take. I really had a hard time not calling the instructor and begging to get in the water. Hard to believe I'm an adult.

When is your first pool session? If you're as anxious to get started as I was, then I'm really sure you're looking forward to it.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks art.chick:

The split fins were great. Though I have nothing to compare them to. They were really effortless to kick with. I was relieved since my legs are in horrible shape from 29 years in a wheelchair.

UP found a photo of a low pressure inflator hose with a delta wing shaped bezel on it. Loop a couple of fingers over the flat spot and pull. Awesome. I printed it out and stuffed it in my gym bag to take to class with my Saturday. I'll see how much that puppy costs and order one.

Now I've gotta work on the weight belt.

art.chick once bubbled...
Sounds like you are off to a great start. I tired split fins for the first time yesterday & felt like I was cheating - the kicking was so mellow!

I do not see a problem with modifying your inflator button with a loop. Glad you are having fun!

Back
Top Bottom