first saltwater dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My seasickness tips: Triptone is also my favorite anti-seasick drug. Start taking it the day before is my suggestion. I tend to eat light the morning before (avoid the grease - pancakes, waffles, toast, fruits, and cereal work best for me). Also, remember, the only place that won't be rockin for the next hour is on the dive. Remember to keep yourself well hydrated if "cookies are tossed." Don't go below (if the boat has a below), Stay in the fresh air. Avoid the diesel engine exhaust when the boat starts up. Stay off the flying bridge if there is one. When possible, focus on a stationary object on the horizon (works good at West Palm, but sites up here are quite a ways out).

Yeah the problem about diving up here is that there is nothing around to look at.

We are doing the first that I know of night dive of Hilton Head on the Eagle's Nest tonight. It should be pretty awesome providing we don't get eat by a sea monster.

Back
Top Bottom