First Sighting of New Wreck on Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went today and the Viz was lovely......clearing up nicely down there - it had been quite murky the first time we went to visit.

Today you could see it from 15m and although it was still murky the viz in the wreck had improved to 5-7m.

5 to 7m viz, sounds amazing. I'll cancel my next Repulse trip and come down there instead :wink:

she's on her side, lots of fun apparently, so not a disaster

Being on its side could well have significant advantages. Both of the wrecks in Pattaya were sunk and sit on the seabed upright, which of course means the deck areas are horizontal, and those that are recessed and sheltered from the current have built up significant ammounts of silt over the years. This can obviously become a problem when the wreck is visited by divers who's buoyancy control is not great.
Hopefully with this wreck being on its side it will not become so much of a problem. Only time will tell.

I dive primarily pattaya, but love to get over to Koh Tao. This may be the deal maker for another trip sooner than later. Thanks, looking forward to seeing some pics and taking my own soon.

The wreck is now in the process of being righted and moved closer the original planned position. Its clearly closed for diving now - we are allowed back on the 3rd....when I promise I will pop in with my camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom