First Sony RX100 Mark II Diving Video from Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to resort to awb as the custom white balance fails pretty much 100% and gives a magenta tinge! I looked and compared and the filter plus awb gives the best results for me
From what I can see even at 25 meters the rx100 mark II is still at ISO 640/800 after that I take it off and use colour temperature with magenta and amber tones at max

My videos were a disaster with the error code coming out most of the time. After reading your blog, I have decided to get the Deeproof red filter for the Inon H100 WA.

I am also considering the Auto Magic Filter 67mm to fit my housing for other video shots. What do you think of this filter?

Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

The magic filters are good. Personally I use ikelite (UR/pro) filters however for the UWL-H100 there is none fitting hence I got the deeproof
Generally I shoot with the lenses on most of time except for close ups where I have the lights so I don't need a filter
I can't think of which ambient light shots you would want to take with the bare port as it would only give you 50 degrees it less however if that happens to you a magic filter or an URPRO are certainly worth with this camera

Nice Interceptor... Nice.

Good edit too.

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 11:16 AM ----------

Was that with the flat port or an additional dome? - FoV looks good!

The magic filters are good. Personally I use ikelite (UR/pro) filters however for the UWL-H100 there is none fitting hence I got the deeproof
Generally I shoot with the lenses on most of time except for close ups where I have the lights so I don't need a filter
I can't think of which ambient light shots you would want to take with the bare port as it would only give you 50 degrees it less however if that happens to you a magic filter or an URPRO are certainly worth with this camera

Yes I think filters will help me a lot on my next trip.
Thanks so much!

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Nice Interceptor... Nice.

Good edit too.

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 11:16 AM ----------

Was that with the flat port or an additional dome? - FoV looks good!

Hi trickster and thanks. This is the full low down of my set up

Sony RX100 Mark II Compact Video Rig | Interceptor121 Underwater Video

I use an Inon UWL-H100 28LDWide Angle with hood when you use the Active stabilizer the fov drops to around 95 degrees diagonal however that is actually plenty for any type of shot

I never use the flat port except for close ups with lights

I received from Divervision the two red filters today but the one for the UWL-H100 is too big, could not even be threaded. Could it be the wrong item sent or did I miss out something?
This was what I ordered:Deeproof Red Color Correction Filter for INON UWL-H100 Lens

I ordered the Deeproof 67mm filter but I received a F.I.T.pro instead. Anyway, they look the same except the brand.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 98
I received from Divervision the two red filters today but the one for the UWL-H100 is too big, could not even be threaded. Could it be the wrong item sent or did I miss out something?
This was what I ordered:Deeproof Red Color Correction Filter for INON UWL-H100 Lens

I ordered the Deeproof 67mm filter but I received a F.I.T.pro instead. Anyway, they look the same except the brand.

It fits on the lens snug and has an oring to stay in place
Is your too small or to big? It requires pushing

It fits on the lens snug and has an oring to stay in place
Is your too small or to big? It requires pushing

Sounds right... thanks.
I should go get an oring to fit as filter seems too big. Hope the UW equipment shop has it.

If it doesn't fit then it is the wrong product
What's the internal diameter in mm?

Not sure of the size but the item has a code 90 ... probably 90mm?
But if I can find an oring it will occupy some space which means it will be less threads left to screw on.

Back
Top Bottom