First Thumbs Up - On the Surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for providing your story. You made the smart decision. You demonstrated one of the most important things a good diver has: judgment as to when to call a dive. Go forth and dive.

A very good move.
BRAVO diving has numerous variables...in and out of the water.

This is also a good reminder to always check your gear, wetsuit and all. Especially if you haven't been diving in a while. There was a young fella on here recently that went diving after a long SI of several months only to find he had outgrown all of his stuff - all of it.

"Overbreathing" may not be the correct technical term. I mean when you're short on breath, sucking hard, and the regulator just won't give you as much air as you want, which in turn only makes you want to suck harder.

The OP sounds like a women. But I checked the profile and the gender is listed as male. Women are much more likely to thumb a dive if things don't feel right. While most men will tough it out and at least attempt to make the dive.

I like women...:D:D:D

Nope, I'm a dude. I forgot to mention that I was below the surface briefly for a weight check. That didn't help matters in terms of getting myself situated and breathing properly.

Back
Top Bottom