First Time Diving BC For One Week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ordered a new dry suit way in advance so I can learn how to use it here in Ontario before potentially venturing to BC next year since that region is always listed as a top dive destination. If I'm to go there for one week, where should I allocate my dive days assuming that I'm flexible to travel to say 1-3 different locations (I'll rent a car), marine life would be main interest rather than wrecks and I don't want to do any liveaboard out there?

A day trip option for the Port Hardy area would be Steve Lacasse (scubasteve@hotmail.com; 250-956-2243) who operates Sun Fun Divers in Port McNeill. He does day trips out to the Browning Pass area, as well as other great sites in the Port McNeill/Port Hardy area.

Thanks for the feedback on Brownings Pass everybody. Would you all suggest to spend an entire week there or just part of a week and spend the other part doing dives based out of another section of Vancouver Island or the mainland?

You could spend years there and still not see everything. If I had the time and money I would explore the entire Pacific Northwest but a week at God's pocket will allow you to visit a dozen or so sites.

+1 for Browning Pass

Quadra Island, Barkley Sound and Thetis Island would be the next three spots around Vancouver Island to dive.

Personally I would spend the entire week at Gods Pocket sometime in the fall. Not too late because weather can be nasty up there starting sometime in November and not too early because the vis can be not as good as later.

Keep in mind that this is a resort on a small Island devoted to diving. You will see nothing of the rest of Vancouver Island, but you will get the absolute best diving on the island IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom