First time out with RX100. Cold dark quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deglossed/sets/72157633294322059/

This was my first time out with the rx100 and it performed well. I originally inquired about purchasing the ikelite housing which was a mistake. I sent it back and got the nauticam housing with the easy tray handle.

I shot these with an older ikelite w-20 lens I got for a good price. I will get the inon lens eventually.

They were all shot between Iso 800 and 1600. It was a cloudy day and they top 10ft of the quarry was hazy due to all the rain we had.

I do with the camera had auto ISO in manual mode. In this situation I would like to get the shutter speed as slow as possible but still ffreeze motion and also have the aperture around f4 so I can get some depth. I would be happy to let the ISO fluctuate to keep me in those settings.

I ended up remapping ISO to the left button on the toggle pad on the back. That helped but was a little hard to access quickly with drygloves.

Last edited:
Your images have an interesting "feel." To me, it seems like they're old photos, found in an attic or something. I think is a pretty cool effect!

That quarry has about 10x better viz than anything we have around here! I don't even take my Rx100 diving locally!

Thanks - Since everything is covered in green slime and the water is green I like to convert to Black and White. I like the feel it gives.

It really looks good on shipwrecks. It makes them feel like ghost ships.

The vis was actually better a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have the RX100 then. IT was almost too bright down there. I wasn't used to it. It will get progressively worse as the season progresses because classes are starting there, but now I'm off to the great lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom