First time shooting underwater video w/ new camera setup!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaInChicago

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I tried a number of firsts on this dive. First time shooting video with an Aquatica 5d Mk II housing (17-40mm L lens). First time mounted to a scooter. First time with a new Hollis H-160 scooter. First time editing video in Adobe Premier. Let me know what you think?

Depth: 130'
BT: 25 min
Run time: 45 min

[video=youtube;BsGtdZ0uaPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsGtdZ0uaPA[/video]

Pretty good for the 1st time.

On your next dive, might want to experiment with custom white balance, or manually setting WB K value. The 5d has a lot of white balance range so you will not need a filter.

Pretty good for the 1st time.

On your next dive, might want to experiment with custom white balance, or manually setting WB K value. The 5d has a lot of white balance range so you will not need a filter.

Do you do much post production white balance or do you attempt to set it on camera for each shot as the depth changes?

A lot of people will use the daylight setting on the mark ii. I however, like to manually wb when shooting wide..although it is a pain. Set every time light changes and every 10 feet. Wb in post isn't too effective, as you can only do so much. So I find it best to get wb while shooting...although some post production experts will disagree, you have to find out what works for you.
Dustin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom