First time to Cozumel. Need flight assistance.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been diving a few years now. I want to say thanks for all the great info in the forum. Anyway, I'm going down to Cozumel around Thanksgiving week and I am finding that flights are very very expensive. I have hotels and diving figured out, but not the flight yet. I was wondering if anyone here new of some good places to look or had some miles I could buy from your or worked for an airline. :wink:
Thanks in advance.

Victor

vel525:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been diving a few years now. I want to say thanks for all the great info in the forum. Anyway, I'm going down to Cozumel around Thanksgiving week and I am finding that flights are very very expensive. I have hotels and diving figured out, but not the flight yet. I was wondering if anyone here new of some good places to look or had some miles I could buy from your or worked for an airline. :wink:
Thanks in advance.

Victor

You didn't say where you flying from, but have you checked out the charters Funjet, applevacations, worryfreevacations to name a few. Yes around thanksgiving it is expensive to fly. Flights to Coz book up quick for that time.

PS welcome to the board

Sorry, flying out of Chicago.
I will look into the charters. Thanks.

When you check Funjet, be sure to look for charters from Chicago Midway (MDW) to Cozumel (CZM)...usually they have a direct charter Saturday to Saturday using ATA as the carrier which is generally less expensive than the charters from O'Hare (ORD). Apple Vacations has charters from both Midway and Ohare into Cozumel or Cancun. One of the other options you may want to consider is SpiritAir which operates flights from ORD to Cancun with a connection in Fort Lauderdale. They are running some specials now for earlier in the fall (ORD-CUN for $78 one way + taxes) but you can often find great prices other times if you play around with the travel dates. Of course then you have to do the bus/ferry ground transport to Cozumel which adds on a few hours and about $32 roundtrip pp. ~~Karen

Dan Kom:
United is starting service to Cozumel non-stop. Do not know if its nov, or dec. Cant remember.....

From where?

Service for that Chicago/Cozumel flight starts on December 18th. Bummer for us...we are going on the 4th!!! Anyways, you can call United if you want to check it out!

I really doubt you're going to get much of a deal.
Thanksgiving is to airlines what Valentine’s day is to florists.

Back
Top Bottom