First timer, considering starting with Sony A1U and Equinox HD6 from B&H

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I just wanted to clarify, the HD6 for the HF S 10 does not require an LCD monitor and the door will open in the housing to give you a quality view of what you are shooting. Many people opt to have the LCD monitor anyway because it runs off its own battery supply and allows you to save on camera battery life because your camera door is closed. I just wanted to make sure that you understood that the rear mounted LCD is not a required accessory for the HD6/HF S10. Let me know if you have any further questions.

equinox hd6:
5 Manual controls-Power on/off, Record start/stop, Zoom-Wide/Telephoto, Photo still and Memory;
Average HD6 Weight(w/o camera): (Out-of-Water): 15-22 pounds with removable ballast attached;
LCD viewing screen can be seen directly through the housing back ( at ANGLE???)
Optional: Color LCD monitor back

IKELITE:
Power on/off Control, Record start/stop, Zoom Control, Snapshot Control
Joystick Controls, Mode Dial Control, Function Button [so MWB and full manual controls]
A complete housing and camera combination weighs less than 8 pounds (3.6 kg).

LCD viewing screen can be seen directly through the housing back at ANGLE.

So, it looks like IKELITE is better for someone who thinking to use/want to learn MWB and manual controls. It also much lighter so it is easier for travel and shore diving.

MR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom