First trimester Pregnancy and Open Water Pool Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disclaimer, I'm a medical zero......

I agree with the prevailing thoughts of not taking chances.

To elevate it to where things could potentially go wrong consider that when diving to anything beyond let's say snorkel depth there are in fact pressure shifts in breathing gas that you will not experience topside. To go beyond that would be conjecture on my part but to ignore the potential would be reckless.

Pete
And, what about the air pressure changes during travel in mountains, in airplanes or in elevators? Are they dangerous, too?

And, what about the air pressure changes during travel in mountains, in airplanes or in elevators? Are they dangerous, too?

No. They are not. Although in the extremes they might be (e.g. above the death zone on Everest or in an unpressurized military jet)

Hi Imorin,

I think the key operative concept within the question posed by the OP is not changes in atmospheric pressure per se, but the significance of such changes when breathing compressed gases.

Under that condition, the atmospheric pressure changes inherent in travel in mountains & airplanes raise the same basic issues as for scuba.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

Last edited:
I would question the value anyway. They would then need to wait at least six months between doing the pool and the open water dives. This would mean at least an extensive refresher.

As a pregnant lady do not go near the classroom! The stress of trying to explain rdp tables to someone who is just doing bit cos his friend is... can be just too much. Stay home. :)

Back
Top Bottom