First trip to Red Sea -Advice and lots of it please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best wreck dives are North of Hurghada , the best reefs and better probability to see big fish is in the South , so you have to decide which type of diving you like. If you go south near Marsa Alam you can have a trip to Luxur (A lot of pharaonic monuments and temples ), Cairo is worth a quick day or 2 visit . Check www.facebook.com/DiveEgypt , you can send them questions.

First of all, thanks Crowley for the nice words...

Heg, Regarding itinerary there are a few considerations. Interest in Reefs/Wrecks/Macro life/Sharks also what kind of marine life you are likely to see in what area during what time of year... There is a "Red Sea Calendar" on my Red Sea Information (aziab.com) page where you can find all that specified.

To get an upset belly while on a dive holiday is not rare. Normally the top layer of the sea is where you find all the bad stuff so I always ask my diving guests to keep the reg in and the mask on until they are back on the platform. Hanging on the surface and talk you will get some of this "bad water" in your mouth and that can make your belly upset. There is an article in a previous issue of The Equalizer on this topic.

If you have further questions feel free to contact me.

...a...

Back
Top Bottom