First Warm Water Adventure In March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTKnox:
Where exactly is the Mermaid at?

We dove there last month and they gave us really good directions. Straight out to the first reef and go right, follow it a little ways and you will see her.

Have a great time on your trip. Any reports on how it went would be appreciated. I am taking my family in April for Spring break and my 11 year old daughter will be diving. I plan to do boat dives each morning on my own and then shore dive with my daughter while my wife and younger daughter snorkel. I am planning to boat dive with Red Sail so any feed back on them would be great. Like you, we are planning on the shore dives at Eden Rock and Sunset House. Let me know how they were. Thanks and again, have a great time!

I will post highlights of our adventure.
Just found out that when my son turns 12 years old P.A.D.I. upgrades him to 60ft. When I read his C-Card is says 10-11 with parent/padi pro 12m/40' then underneath it says 12+ with Adult.
My imperssion was when he turned 12+ he could dive with any Adult to 12m/40'.
I am so glad that we will not be limited to 40'. ( Ya I know there is no scuba police)
But if any thing happens my X'S would have taken me to court.
We are going down to Monterey in two weeks ends to get ready for Warm water. I can not wait. It will be so nice to get out of a 7 mil. suit.
We will be staying a the Comfort Suit right next to Don Fosters
Ralph

SPrint and ATT work, but roaming is steep. I bought a prepaid cellphone on the islnd from cable and wireless for $50 plus $15 of usage. Incoming calls from US are free of airtime on th prepaid phone, so I call out and let someone know to call me back at the cayman number. Works especially well if the person calling me is using an internet phone, since they onlypay a few pennies a minute for long distance.

I am now have a lap top. and will be using Yahoo Messenger to make calls.
We are so ready to Do some warm water Diving. We get in the 13th at 640pm. I was hoping to have a rental car to go to the hotel and then go to the market to get food and drinks but rental car place closes at 600pm oh well.

Had A great time diving in G.C. Logged 11 dives. We booked 2 afternoon boat dives and 1 Stingray city with Don Fosters Great folks. The first Boat dive with them, We had the boat to our selfs only the 2 of us with a dive master that led us around the Oro Verda. The next day we did Turtle farm Reef. Then Drove down to Fosters for our last boat dive and they took use to Arm Chair Reef on the south side due to the wind on the Westside. Did most of our shore dives at Eden Rock, also did one night dive there. The staff there also were great. Also did sunset house. All dives where nice.
But now its time to get back to work. I would recommend Don Fosters our experience with them was wonderful. And Shore Dives at Eden Rock.

l_a260518e834034ae4ab22a7262ecc198.jpg

Back
Top Bottom