First Wing BC??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manta Man...if you go with the Hollis Elite 2, pay close attention to the sizing of the harness and adjustability of it also. I bought a Hollis S38 w/ Elite 2 harness for my wife. She ended up not liking it so I took it over and found that I could not adjust it to fit me at all. I figured the shoulder straps would able to be adjusted out enough so I could use them but that was not the case. I still use the S38 wing, (cold water diver) but with a different harness and it works very well for use with HP steel 119's & 120's...just for comparison purposes.

I'll chime in and suggest a look at the diverightinscuba single tank system. It's under $380 and a solid system with the usual outstanding service from DRIS.
DRIS Dive Gear 28lb BP/W System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The DRIS gear certainly looks like a great set up & for an excellent price. However, I'm in Mexico & call me old fashioned if so but I need to touch, feel, look at & if possible test what I'm buying & that seems only to have come from Hollis & Halycon, the latter still OTT in price for me, unless anyone can convince me to pay the extra $250 for the Halycon (Elipse, not even Infiinity) - I am all ears. Even if I do buy it what with transportation charges & 21% immigration tax on top, it will work out pretty much the same. Here my choices are Halycon, Hollis or Dive Rite.

---------- Post added December 26th, 2014 at 06:21 AM ----------

Hmm, that's made me think twice about that. You see down here I can only get the Solo harness. If I wanted the Elite2 then I'd have to order it direct from Hollis USA & pay the import charges. So I guess it would not be worth the risk. If I didn't like it / didn't quite fit, I wouldn't be able to take it back to anyone. So, I guess I'll just stick with the Solo, which was fine during the test run.

I see you've dive with Sergi (rivemar), he might be able to get a good price on the UTD single tank set up. But if your not in Spain right now, cave heaven in Tulum carries UTD as well.

Sergi, Juandi, Andy and the rest. Wow, those were the days. Now I teach my advanced divers as I was taught by Sergio, a diver I always look up to. He taught me just so much. The UTD stuff sounds pretty sound, and your right - not in Spain but in PDC. I don't suppose you have a phone/email address on these guys. Certainly worth a look.

Cheers

http://rivemar.com/contactos/como-llegar-direccion/
http://www.caveheaven.com

---------- Post added December 27th, 2014 at 07:21 PM ----------

Adam from cave heaven could order you something if it's not in stock ( nice to get hands on before buying) if not, UTD cave week is in November and I'm sure the guys could bring down some gear from San Diego.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom