Fish ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know that this should be in the Marine Identification forum, but I must be REALLY tired having gotten to Miami Airport at 5:00 AM EST this AM after driving from Fort Lauderdale through those amazing thunderstorms! Anyhow, it's presently 10:24 PM PST and so I am tired and can't find that forum.

I digress. Need a quick ID on this fish I snapped on Sunkist reef/site off FLL. Anyone? I know, this is probably really easy for you all. :)

Thanks in advance.

IMG_7717.JPG

Oh -- who kicked up the winds for my week there?? Out of 4 days I planned to dive, only one day and that was a doozey. :) Nice warm water though - I could really get use to 75 degrees.

That is a very pretty Stoplight Parrotfish.

That is a very pretty Stoplight Parrotfish.

Shes right Stoplight Parrotfish.
You should have come down and went diving the salt water Quary/Lake in Marathon this weekend we had a blast camped out all weekend with a breeze no misqutoes it was perfect all but we all got to much sun.
The Aqua Ranch at MM58 is never blown out and you can dive with the big fishes up close. Nothing like have people feeding them while you are with them:D You can even dive with shrimp and feed them yourself.

Stoplight Parrotfish Initial Phase

The Terminal Phase is very pretty as well.

thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

As for fishbase, I haven't usedit and will definitely check it out. I have a bunch of unfamiliar fish (to me) to ID so that will be really helpful. I was just trying to color correct this image and the red was seemingly overexposing in the image and wanted to have a comparison to check mine against. So... Many thanks!!

I'm not the fish ID expert in the family (that's my wife's title) - but they look like harlequin bass to me.

Daz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom