Fish.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon L

Registered
Reaction score
After my first dive into the Canadian waters last night with Kazinvan (thanks Mike!), I realise that the fish are all different!!

Can anyone recommend a good fish/aquatic life guide/reference book so I can figure out what I'm looking at?!

Cheers all

Simon

Hi Simon,

A book I bought from my LDS is called "Whelks to Whales: Coastal Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest" by Rick M. Harbo (Paperback - October 1999). It's a great field guide that costs about $18.00 CDN. Color photos and brief descriptions.

I would highly recommend it...

David.

Other Details:

Paperback: 248 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.56 x 8.47 x 5.57
Publisher: Harbour Pub Co; (October 1999)
ISBN: 1550171836

Hey Simon..

Sent you PM.

:)

I would also recomment the Whelks to Whales. That is a great general guide of what we have in the waters aroudn here. The second book I would recommend would be Costal Fishes of the Pacific Northwest by Andy Lamb. That is a really indepth book about strictly fish. Good luck learning the names off all the sculpins though :p Hehe. I still get confused.

Nali

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom