fisheye lens for ikelite for rx100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,
im relatively new to underwater photography. i have a sony rx 100 and an ikelite housing. ive used it and am fine with the housing. i want to add a fisheye lens to my housing and im not sure if there are different options and companies for the ikelite housing and which ones there are when it comes to fisheye lenses? i cant seem to find a lot of info regarding this on the internet. :confused:

You will get some vignetting with the ikelite housing as the port is recessed from the m67 thread
The uwl28 is a good lens and cost effective though vignetting aside you will be pleased with it
If you have a large budget inon uwlh-100 type 1 with dome has the best optics but it is extremely expensive!

We have not experienced any vignetting with the Ike Housing, Fix UWL28 and our 52-67 adapter. Sorry don't have a shot underwater but here is one just taken in the shop.

So the Fix UWL28 is an excellent option for a camera that is so strong on the WA side.

I was eventually looking for the same capability for the same set-up. Looks like the photo was taken about 3-4' from the TV?

Has anybody tried the FIX UWL28 or even the UWL04 with the Ikelite housing?
I have now got pictures taken with a nauticam housing with both lenses and despite the lens don't vignette in air, when in water you can see the side hood with both...
I am curious how the ikelite will do, it is possible that as the lens is further away from the back actually you have less vignette than nauticam!

Has anybody tried the FIX UWL28 or even the UWL04 with the Ikelite housing?
I have now got pictures taken with a nauticam housing with both lenses and despite the lens don't vignette in air, when in water you can see the side hood with both...
I am curious how the ikelite will do, it is possible that as the lens is further away from the back actually you have less vignette than nauticam!

i've used the uwl04 with nauticam and sometimes i see the hood and sometimes not... i don't know why...... but i sell this lens for poor quality in the corners... :-(

Back
Top Bottom