Fisheye tray w/ weight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well my rig has arrived:monkeydan and I must say it is awesome. I have a question for my fellow Oly C-5050'rs.
With the Fisheye tray do you also attach the weight underneath it. ? Also that hole on the bottom, is that where the fisheye tray attaches to. Is it watertight ? I haven't received my D-180 yet or the arm, handle, and tray.
That's why I ask.
Also does the strobe come with batteries and charger like the C-5050 does ? Does the strobe take "AA' batteries or another type and how many. ? Thanx for your responses in advance. Please advise. Good Viz, George.

C-5050, PT- 015......so far. :eyebrow: Boy, have I wanted to write that in my threads ! :D

Congratulations!

1. The weight is usually attached to the housing alone. Iif you are using the tray without a strobe, you may or may not need the tray. That falls under personal preference. When you attach the strobe, you definately won't need the weight.

2. The hole where the mounting screw goes does not penetrate the housing so it doesn't need to be watertight. The same hole is used for both the tray and the weight.

3. No, the strobe does not come with batteries or charger. I hughly recommend any of the MAHA battery chargers and PowerX batteries. I use 4 PowerX 2200NiMH batteries in mine.

4. Put the C-5050, Pt-015, etc. info in your sig line so you don't have to type it every time!

BTW...I hope you survive the excitement of all this new gear! How many pics have you taken today? :rofl:

G'day Scuba-Rican,
Yes the Fisheye tray screws into the bottom of the housing, and No you do not need to re-attach the weight.
The strobe can use 3 types of batteries, Nicads, NIMH, and Alkaline, the strobe will come with a set of 4 Alkaline batteries.
The reason I know this is I recieved mine 2 days ago.

Dee:
Congratulations!

1. The weight is usually attached to the housing alone. Iif you are using the tray without a strobe, you may or may not need the tray. That falls under personal preference. When you attach the strobe, you definately won't need the weight.

2. The hole where the mounting screw goes does not penetrate the housing so it doesn't need to be watertight. The same hole is used for both the tray and the weight.

3. No, the strobe does not come with batteries or charger. I hughly recommend any of the MAHA battery chargers and PowerX batteries. I use 4 PowerX 2200NiMH batteries in mine.

4. Put the C-5050, Pt-015, etc. info in your sig line so you don't have to type it every time!

BTW...I hope you survive the excitement of all this new gear! How many pics have you taken today? :rofl:
Hey Dee, am I tired. I'm draggin. I have taken pictures of every damn thing in my house. The fish, both tanks, the lake , my telescope, my lady, her son, his girlfirend, my scuba gear, you name it. Boy I have really learned a lot so far. Let's see how I do underwater. Thanx for the response. I'll have to put the info in my sig line for sure. That can get kind of hectic after a while. Goin divin anywhere soon ? I'm not, I'm broke now. :-( I'll check the website you gave me, Thanx. George.

I'll be diving in our local Twin Lakes for the rest of the year. Broke? That's my middle name. Especially after Beast decided to join the 5050 club...now he wants a wide angle lens of his own! Wanna buy another Dee-Rag? LOL!

Look around that website, there are several combo deals. I got a charger, a cord for the truck and 8 2200 NiMH batteries for about $50, I think.

Dee:
I'll be diving in our local Twin Lakes for the rest of the year. Broke? That's my middle name. Especially after Beast decided to join the 5050 club...now he wants a wide angle lens of his own! Wanna buy another Dee-Rag? LOL!

Look around that website, there are several combo deals. I got a charger, a cord for the truck and 8 2200 NiMH batteries for about $50, I think.
Ya me too. I am going to be doing a lot of cold water diving this summer. Another DEE- Rag ? Ha ha, Lets see now...Hmmmm. I don't know if I can afford it. I already signed up for the Rescue Diver course too. I got 8 Power X batteries for $24.00 plus got some extra battery cases. Like I said, I have 2 battery chargers. Actually, come to think about it, I will probably need another battery charger because all my UW lights use rechargeables. JEEZZZZZZZ. What a blunder. I give up ! :-(

Take a deep breath...it'll get easier! :D

Dee:
Take a deep breath...it'll get easier! :D
I love your new Avatar, very cute. Gotta get some rest. I'm whupped ! Talk to ya on the flip side. :sleeping: Bye bye.

Anybody having trouble setting the silver screw at the bottom of the Fisheye tray straight ? I screw it in and it goes in crooked every single time.It goes in just fine except that when I'm done screwing it in all the way in I look at the head and it's crooked. Needless to say that when I attach the arm & strobe, I can feel some play in the tray because the screw isn't sitting flush against the tray. I'm afraid to keep attempting this due to the fact that I might strip the hole in the housing. Little help please.Thanx. George

Scuba-Rican:
I love your new Avatar, very cute. Gotta get some rest. I'm whupped ! Talk to ya on the flip side. :sleeping: Bye bye.

Thanks....This one has a little more charater! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom