Fitting an Air2 to a Seaquest BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has figured out a simple way to overcome the different inflator hose size to fit a Scubapro Air2 to a Seaquest BCD?

find a larger diameter hose and some zip ties. did on my chute2 a while back and worked like a charm.

find a larger diameter hose and some zip ties. did on my chute2 a while back and worked like a charm.
OK Many Thanks! You just put a larger hose on the elbow/pull dump?

Hob cobbling together scuba gear is not recommended. Then again nor are Air II's.

If you insist on an octo/inflator at least get the right one. Then practice with it often.

OK Many Thanks! You just put a larger hose on the elbow/pull dump?

that is what i did...worked perfectly for the 5-6 months i had it on....but as stated below, i eventually got the oceanic air xs for the chute 2.

Hob cobbling together scuba gear is not recommended. Then again nor are Air II's.

If you insist on an octo/inflator at least get the right one. Then practice with it often.

i agree but if you do it right, it works fine.

I just did the opposite. I purchased a SP Geo (travel bc) and moved my air source to it with no problem and attachec the SB inflater to my Seaquest Balance, again with no problem. The hoses are the same size at the lower end of the inflater hose. It was just a matter of clipping of the tie wraps at the inflater, insering the devise and clipping the pull wire attachments.

Back
Top Bottom