Fix ANY Dacor Reg with two simple steps (Don't get mad)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I thought the original post to be overly general. First, some Dacor regulators are basically the same as Mares regs. The Dacor Viper comes to mind. Second, most Dacor second stages can be serviced with generic parts. Third, Scubaboard is an international website and not all countries are as liability obsessed as the USA. The poster from Argentina had no problem getting his regulator serviced.

Almost any regulator can be a problem to get locally serviced if the LDS in not a dealer. When I lived in Central Pennsylvania the LDS only serviced Sherwood, Dive Rite, and Zeagle so I could not get my Aqualung reg serviced without sending it out for service.

I've had boxes of old Dacor regs in the past, all freebies given to me. They're all gone now, ebayed most of them.
I think people got them for parts. Everything from old Olympics to 950's.
$8 to $12 seems like the going rate, hardly worth the effort to put it in a box and take it to the post office.
There are so many good modern brands out there now that are reasonable (Hog comes to mind) I don't know why anybody would want an old Dacor, except for maybe a chrome 2nd just for looks.

Another question: Why do so many people on this board bash Hog?

Because they attach what frightens them. It is their comfort to justify to themselves the higher prices they have shelled out for the name they chose....

HOG is doing a great job of putting the industry on notice.... Cloak and Dagger is BS..

I've had boxes of old Dacor regs in the past, all freebies given to me. They're all gone now, ebayed most of them.
I think people got them for parts. Everything from old Olympics to 950's.
$8 to $12 seems like the going rate, hardly worth the effort to put it in a box and take it to the post office.
There are so many good modern brands out there now that are reasonable (Hog comes to mind) I don't know why anybody would want an old Dacor, except for maybe a chrome 2nd just for looks.

I still use the old Dacor Pacer metal second stage for a pony bottle reg. It is worn around my neck, simple and much more robust than modern plastic regulators. I think i read here they are also designed to stop freeflows as well. In any regard, when worn as a necklace the weight of the second stage is a non-issue.

I think it makes a lot of sense to use one of these old second stages. I have replaced the seat a few times and the diaphragm and exhaust valve last for a very long time..

It is a little bit more of a pain to set the seat "tension" but I use it because it works, not for looks.

I even have a second old reg set up with the Pacer as a primary reg. this was my daughter using it not long ago.

[video=youtube_share;soSxfVIMyo4]http://youtu.be/soSxfVIMyo4[/video]

I think you bought the 900 from me. If I recall correctly, it was one of the nicest 900s that I ever serviced. I am glad that it found such a good and loyal owner Regards for 2015 Scott

Yes, and it has been an stupendous deal. I love this piece of metal and I'm very grateful.

I still use the old Dacor Pacer metal second stage for a pony bottle reg. It is worn around my neck, simple and much more robust than modern plastic regulators. I think i read here they are also designed to stop freeflows as well. In any regard, when worn as a necklace the weight of the second stage is a non-issue.

I think it makes a lot of sense to use one of these old second stages. I have replaced the seat a few times and the diaphragm and exhaust valve last for a very long time..

It is a little bit more of a pain to set the seat "tension" but I use it because it works, not for looks.

I even have a second old reg set up with the Pacer as a primary reg. this was my daughter using it not long ago.

[video=youtube_share;soSxfVIMyo4]http://youtu.be/soSxfVIMyo4[/video]
That's what I mean't. The seconds are fine, I still have a few of those around. Personally, I use them attached to some other first stage besides a Dacor.
I also have a bunch of 109's and old Aqualung metal seconds so there's no shortage of metal seconds around my house.
And yes there is a 'cool' factor with metal seconds.

---------- Post added January 12th, 2015 at 10:49 PM ----------

Because they attach what frightens them. It is their comfort to justify to themselves the higher prices they have shelled out for the name they chose....

HOG is doing a great job of putting the industry on notice.... Cloak and Dagger is BS..
I've seen people get so upset over Hogs they seem to almost foam at the mouth.
I find it interesting that someone could get so mad over a reg set.
I have one and I'm thrilled with it.
It must be the fact that the end user can get parts. This flies right in the face and goes against everything the industry has tried so desparately to hold onto since day one, how dare they sell parts!

thatas one way to get parts?????

It would be better for the environment to properly dispose of these regs rather then dump them in a landfill. Send them to me and I will see to it personally for a minor fee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom