Fl Keys dive resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anybody recommend any Florida Keys area dive resorts? It's all new to me but I like the idea of walking out of my room and down to the boat for the day's diving. I've read about a few but don't have any personal recommendations to go on if you know what I mean. Any advice?

I like being able to walk out of my room and down to the boat too, but the operators I can recommend aren't set up like that.

DSSW,

WWW™

Your question about dive resorts leaves you with about 110? miles of Keys to cover. I have stayed in Key Largo and like both Kelly's on the Bay and Amy Slates which sit next to each other. Kelly's is home of Aquanuts which uses 2 Newton dive boats and I liked the dive masters and boat capt.s for the week I was there. Amy uses a Catamaran? style which is quite large and also has a good rep.

Once you hit the Keys there are dive shops and resorts everywhere. Your diving time of year will also matter for the spring is kind of rough in the Keys while the summer months are much more calm. If you are willing to put up with poss. seasickness any time is good.

Good Luck get wet,

Chuckrt

Flash,

I'm zeroing in on a dive operator in Key Largo for a May vacation. I've posted a list on my website that has each operator's website, prices, location, amenities, and comments (some are linked to Scubaboard comments). Three operators are in the same marina on MM100 which means you can stay at a hotel within walking distance. Right now I'm planning on "Horizon Divers" for reef diving (and the group rate of $38.50 T&W included is unbeatable), and "Paradise Charters" for the Duane and Bib, and possible spearfishing.

Click on my URL below and use the "Dive Documents" link to find "Key Largo Boats"

Thanks chuckrt, Stone and TexasMike--you are a wealth of useful information. Hopefully I can return the favor some day.

I have been to the keys twice in the last month and dove with Paradise Charters each time. They offer incredible service. I was very pleased.

On the last trip, we had a mechanical issue on one of the six packs that forced us to go out with Horizon Divers. We just loaded our gear over to the big boat that HD uses, and took the instructor scheduled to go out with us on PC with us. THis was worked out by the owners of the two operations. The staff of Horizon Divers was not as thorough or personable as Paradise, and they imposed a one hour time limit on us (which I hate). I did appreciate the fact that they were willing to accomodate a competitor on one of their trips, though.

The service you get from PC is definately worth the extra money, in my opinion.

Look to the Conch Republic Divers. They are in Tavernier, 800-274-DIVE. There is a motel across the street. They are great people.

The nice thing is that they are not in the main stream but in the middle of a lot and it is a short drive to Key Largo and south.

GOOD DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom