flathead reg questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampausmc

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a flathead VI and a flathead xp. On the xp the port was putting out about 110 when i had a local store check it....however when not breathing off it the pressure slowly increases, then when you breath off it, it goes back down....110 being lower then what it is supposed to be they turned it up to around 140 i believe but it's still doing the same thing with the slightly increasing pressure....could this be a problem about to happen? I've had the reg for about 3 months with about 30 dives on it.

One more thing...my xp is 3 months old and i have a din flathead VI which is about 3 weeks old. Both of these primary second stages (zx i believe) seem difficult to breath off of even after playing with the adjustments. On both setups, the octo breathes far better then the primary second stages....i had these adjusted by a shop too and couldn't get them much better. Loved them for a while but they've slowly gotten tougher to breath on, and my girlfriend clips off the primary and uses the octo....which is frustrating after the money i've spent.....any ideas?

Time for a service

Your VI First stage has what is known as Line Creep, commonly caused by the First Stage seat not sealing against the poppet. You may just have a little bit of grit on the seat that is not letting them seal together, it may just need a clean or a new seat if it has any damage to it.

For your Second stage needs to be looked at by someone that knows what they are doing, sounds to me like your LDS has not adjusted the second stage correctly. When the Regs are new they do require slight adjustment out of the factory and then should be checked after half a dozen or so dives once everything has bedded in.

The XP and VI are some of the very best breathing Regs around, however like all high performance Regs if they are not adjusted and tuned right they will never give you the optimum Work Of Breathing.

Cheers
Chriso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom