Issues with Deep 6 First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitarcrazy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been using a Deep 6 reg set for 3 or 4 years now. I sent it back to Deep 6 in the fall for a service. I received them back and all was good for our trip in January. Now we are in Cozumel and I am having issues with the first stage. When my tank reaches about half full the reg becomes hard to breathe. I tried both the primary and octopus and both require a lot of effort to breathe at depth. The regulator is mostly normal when tank is full and better when shallow, but not as good as it used to be. Any idea what is going on and more importantly how to fix? I really like the way the reg breathes when working correctly, but really makes it hard to enjoy a dive when you are struggling to breathe comfortably. Thanks.

Did you check the inlet of the first stage - the filter- and makes sure it is not blocked with crap from a nasty Cozumel tank? Have you checked the intermediate pressure?

I, personally would rent a regulator before diving deeper than 20 feet with a regulator that is clearly performing poorly. Something is serious wrong with it.

I am guessing the intermediate pressure is not correct but the shop is going to check and let me know.

I had the issue on Sunday so wasn't able to contact them. The shop adjusted the reg so it is better but still not as smooth as before servicing. Below 1000 psi there is still a slight resistance, but above that it is good.

Back
Top Bottom