flexible use of ports for alternative lenses and magic filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksporry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, Finally got my nauticam housing in this week. Happy as can be! The port I got for it is the nauticam 6" for the panny 7-14. I don't have it yet though and when I tried everything out, I found the 14-42 kit zoom fits perfectly in the port without clipping etc. My question is now, to what extend does it matter that the port is not a prefect match? Why would I get another dome port when the current one can host the 14-42 kit lens with plenty space for diopter filters and other filters is desired.?My s second question concerns the user of magic filters and potentially combining them with flash. So I haven't used these filters before and as colour correction filters they look very different from standard red or orange filters. How well do they work and what's the drawback of using them with Flash? ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom