Flooded RX100ii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Flooded my camera this weekend. What ar the chances of getting Sony to cover it? Camera is only 3 months old.

Ha! User error.

How did it happen? What housing?

Recsea. It was sealed I really dont have a clue yet. Havent dug deep into how it happened was trying to get my camera fixed first.

Not sure how Sony would be expected to be responsible for the flood. Recsea maybe, but only if there is a defect in the housing.

At any rate, please post to let people know how this turns out and good luck.

Precisely why I have flood insurance on my underwater imaging gear. Why would you think Sony would cover water damage that was caused by taking the camera down in a housing (unless, possibly, it was a Sony made housing that failed)?

Sony wanted me to send the camera in for repair. They gave me a RO # and I had to send it in to CT. About a week after they received it I got a phone call from them letting me know my camera was beyond repair. They wanted to give me an upgraded model the M3 sine the M2 is no longer in production. After talking for a min they sent me a check for the purchase price of my M2. Great Service!!

Sony wanted me to send the camera in for repair. They gave me a RO # and I had to send it in to CT. About a week after they received it I got a phone call from them letting me know my camera was beyond repair. They wanted to give me an upgraded model the M3 sine the M2 is no longer in production. After talking for a min they sent me a check for the purchase price of my M2. Great Service!!

I'm totally shocked they would do that sine the water damage was due to a flooded housing, but good for you!

Since they don't make them anymore I bought another one just to keep the housing useable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom