Florida Cave & Wreck Trip Report July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...thanks for the ride!

The attached pdf file is a scaled down, re-write of my origional dive plan, with our final route illustraded by the red arrows. I really hope a picture is worth a thousand words. Enjoy :D

Love the report Zinc. Thanks for the detail.

Willie

Zinc, THANKS for the data and details of your amazing dive on the Big 'O'. The details of the red swim arrows/photo's and dive profile are of great help to those of us not as lucky to dive her as yet. This to me is the best part's of the entire report. Congrats to you both on a dive well planned and executed!! :)

Loved these trip reports, thanks so much! I would love, love, love to dive the Oriskany!

I'll get there someday....

Rhonda

Beautiful job detailing our dives, Zinc!:clapping: I can't say that I have much to add except that our dive on the Oriskany was a helluva a lot of fun too. I can't say that I was all that impressed with the marine life, but the size of the ship was awe inspiring. Our dive was great mostly because it was a fairly deep technical dive. I'd do it again.

Oh, and one more thing. Zinc was pretty humble about his ear problem. He knew something was going on because he could barely hear...and the look on my face when I saw blood coming out of both of his ears. He's one tough SOB just taking a single day off then doing a 200+ foot dive. Hats off to you buddy!

Sorry for not jumping in sooner, but I haven't been keeping up with the Swamp like I usually do. Just a busy summer I guess... :lotsalove:

I attached a couple more picts from the Oriskany. The bottom, right pict was taken at the sand...approximately 213'. The barracuda and jellys were taken while I was whiling away a deco obligation at 20'. I think we ended up with about 25 minutes of bottom time and another hour and a half, or so, of deco/ascent time.:wink:

Attachments

• Baracuda.jpg
    Baracuda.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 27
  • BrandonIsland.jpg
    BrandonIsland.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 28
  • BrandonIsland3.jpg
    BrandonIsland3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30
  • FishIsland2.jpg
    FishIsland2.jpg