Florida Diving 11/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, I'm in Orlando and have my dive gear! Is there anywhere I can dive Thursday 11/14, with this forecasted weather? I have a rental car and don't mind driving, but I'm solo; so need charter or dive buddy. Any sugestions? I have scheduled to go out of Jupiter, but I don't think the weather is going to cooperate; haven't heard anything official from dive op yet.

Thanks

Thursday does not look good in Jupiter... Cold front blowing trough... Sorry to say. It was pretty nice today. I had to work :(
.THURSDAY...EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. SEAS 9 TO
11 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 14 FEET SUBSIDING TO 7 TO
9 FEET WITH OCCASIONAL SEAS UP TO 11 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON.
DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS. NORTH NORTHEAST SWELL 3 TO 5 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.

Yea, I should of ditched my business today and went diving. Do you have any alternative dive options for Thursday? Been looking at the springs, possibly Ginnie. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Mohawk would be a great dive but I'm not seeing any mid-week Mohawk trips on the calendars of my normal operators. It's a 2 - 2 1/2 hour trip from the dock - so they normally only run those on the weekends.
Tanks-A-Lot has a morning trip on Thursday going out of Clearwater. They are always a great boat to dive with.
If worse comes to worse - call Epcot and see if they have any openings to dive the aquarium. Sounds cheesy but it's actually a lot of fun!

I'm in cave country now - doing ginnie this afternoon- viz is great!

Anyone be there tomorrow, needing or wanting dive buddy? Not cave cert. but I'm aow.

Head down to Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm Beach. It's about 10 minutes south of Jupiter. Just have to hit it at high tide. Great place for macro photography. Lots of dive shops around. Easy to find buddies, hit up the BHB Trolls thread. It's within the intracoastal right at the inlet, so no issues with surf, unpredictable currents, etc.

Head down to Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm Beach. It's about 10 minutes south of Jupiter. Just have to hit it at high tide. Great place for macro photography. Lots of dive shops around. Easy to find buddies, hit up the BHB Trolls thread. It's within the intracoastal right at the inlet, so no issues with surf, unpredictable currents, etc.

with the cold front coming through and the building surf, the water coming into the BHB is going to have a lot of particulate in it, and likely very low vis tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom