Flounders! And MORE. Front Beach, Rockport, MA- Dive Report & Pics, Tues 6/28/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I miss these dives in Rockport ! Whatever we say, wherever we are, divrs are always different and bring many different things. But Rockport is a special one for me, where I had the honor to dive with you several times, learn the flounder hunting and seeing my kids eyes when coming back home with the fresh food dinner ! Here I am, showing them the pictures, being not too far (NJ) and they ask if I could get some more when we will be up there next week... Thanks for posting these reports, I've not posted much but been reading regularly what was going on... I didn't bother to bring my equipment with me as I knew this was too much hassle, but it would be worth it, definitely.

Keep us dreaming, all of us :) And yes, you probably had an Angel's visit as DS said, maybe not your first one either.

Thanks so much to you and all fellow scibaboarders in NE :)

The pleasure was mutual among all who had the opportunity to know you and dive with you! :)

If you're willing to rent a wetsuit, I can supply everything else you would need to dive. Just let me know!

Kindest regards, my friend! We miss you! :(

Dave C

Hi Dave,

Was there yesterday AM for two dives! It was SPECTACULAR! Warm, great vis, dead calm... Brought home some dinner, so I would say a perfect day! We'll have to meet up some time there...!

Hi Dave,

Was there yesterday AM for two dives! It was SPECTACULAR! Warm, great vis, dead calm... Brought home some dinner, so I would say a perfect day! We'll have to meet up some time there...!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! What headings did you take? What kind of dinner did you get? Any other interesting critters?

I'll probably be away for most of July, but would love to join you for a dive at Front Beach, possibly in August sometime.

A few days ago, while still on vacation in Rockport, I mentioned to a local resident that, over the past few years at Front Beach, I have repeatedly come across a lost mooring with his boat's name on it. That led to a plan for me to dive, find and mark what is apparently his long-lost mooring! He offered to pay a "finder's fee", but I declined because it's on one of my favorite headings for my pleasure dives anyway. Besides, the mission would make the dive more interesting! :D

On such a dive, you and I could get some flounder and you could get some lobsters. Finning at my typically slow pace, it usually requires about 40 minutes for me to reach the lost mooring from Front Beach. It's about 200 yards out.

I usually use all of a 120 cubic foot tank and 90 minutes to go to the mooring and back, and I'm not doing the harder work of lobstering, so that's something we'd need to consider.... :D

Might mean a direct, non-hunting first leg to get the job done, then a hunting return leg and/or hunting second dive.

Let me know if this might interest you. :)

Dave C

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom