Flu hangover blues!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings all this has been one of the worst struggles in my diving history.
It all started with the flu roughly a month ago, never tested for H1N1 but it was a rough round of vomiting that left me unable to breath out of my nose entirely. This has since turned into sinus infection and chronic congestion. Symptoms come and go but has prompted me to go to the ENT for help. I am at my wits end. I have tried a few dives that were very difficult to clear and ended up worse for wear once out of the water.
I have taken antibiotics for the infection, MucinexD, advil, Nasacort AQ, and Putanase.
I am so tired of medication and then waking up congested again. I am beyond tired of this. Any one else suffering from the flu hangover? What have you tried and what has worked? I am going in for Allergy tests the week of Thanksgiving all those needles.. I would do anything to get in the water and not have any issues.
Safe diving and stay healthy.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Cam, sorry to hear that you have been ill, it sounds really unpleasant.
Have you taken time to allow your body to really heal? Stayed in bed, slept, etc? I wish you a speedy and complete recovery!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom