FNG training update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Our three new team candidates hit the water for the first time last night. They did exactly as we expected. Excellent, great and good.

The gear set up were a breeze for them because we have been working with them over the past couple of months. They have been responding to calls and getting good exposure to the equipment and team operation.

All three were very comfortable in the water. Their first time under was almost an hour without surfacing. They did every drill like a veteran except one. Switching from a snorkel to the reg was a little funny at first but the troubled one caught on and got with the program.

Our team leader did the best. He is the head of the dive team due to being the head of Marine (Marine Sgt.). It is a stuff rolling down hill position and doesn’t require a diver in the seat. He HAD no interest in being a responding diver but took the class to get a better idea as to what we do. I think, before it’s all over, he will be on the team as a diver. Baby steps.

Our patrolman was next in performance. This was also expected as he, along with the Sgt., have both been Marine Deputies in the past.

Last on the list of three was the one with the disadvantage. He’s a jailer and has ad no exposure to the team except the past few months. All said and done he did very well. Now we have a weight issue to work on. He quit smoking and has grown a bit.

I stay away from the classroom stuff but will be there for all their water activities. I want to know where they are strong and look for their weaknesses so we can work on them later. So far it looks like I will have an easy job this time.

All three have some homework to do beyond the textbook. The need to research the XALER method of diving. I used to think these guys were smart. Hehehehehe

Their next pool session is Monday. News at 11.

They get done with this then, DR1, UWCSI and Ice is next which will be enough for this year.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom