Follically Challenged New Diver Going To Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HolyDiver54

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New diver here who is follically challenged. Going diving for the first time in the warm, sunny climes of Mexico. I am looking for recommendations for head gear (skull cap, do-rag, etc.) that will protect my chrome dome from the sun, preferably with some SPF built in but I don't want it too obtrusive, so no Hulk Hogan looking do rags, French Foreign Legion looks, etc. Something minimalist but not noidish looking would be great that gets the job done.

Thanks and I look forward to any and all suggestions.

Happy Diving!

New diver here who is follically challenged. Going diving for the first time in the warm, sunny climes of Mexico. I am looking for recommendations for head gear (skull cap, do-rag, etc.) that will protect my chrome dome from the sun, preferably with some SPF built in but I don't want it too obtrusive, so no Hulk Hogan looking do rags, French Foreign Legion looks, etc. Something minimalist but not noidish looking would be great that gets the job done.

Thanks and I look forward to any and all suggestions.

Happy Diving!

Get a beanie. It's like a hood but just goes over the top.

XS Scuba 2mm Titanium Diving Beanie HD200 with reviews at scuba.com

You not only get sun protection, but even in the tropics, it cuts down on heat loss, so after a few days, you'll still be warmer than your buddies.

Leisure Pro has some fun neoprene ones..... shade and insulation.

this hat works for Pete :)

SafetyStopNetDoc.jpg

I'm loving my Lavacore hood. Soft, friendly, helps a little with warmth, and makes pictures look much better.

I'm not follicly challenged but do burn easily. I've got a scubado rag, a beanie hood, a neoprene ball cap and an actual do rag made specifically for diving. Love em all. I've also got some more girlie type head gear but pretty sure you aren't interested in those. :)

By the way, now is as good a time as any to get used to looking noidish. Scuba isn't the most glamorous of activities. No matter how good we look before hitting the water, we often come up with mucous in our masks and those with hair, aren't worrying about the style.

(Oops, not a scubado rag, mine's a scap)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom