For Divers which is better Utila? or Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt you'll find an apartment with a washer or dryer in either location but you can get it done for you very cheaply on Utila and probably Roatan. I rented a two bedroom apartment without air conditioning on Utila for $400 a month that I shared with another person making it pretty cheap.

I have a number of apartments i rent to Pro candidates while they train with me here in Roatan. Two bedroom shared apartments range from $250/month with internet, washing machine and in some cases AC. For a 1 bedroom (not studio) with AC, Internet and washing machine you will pay $400.

HTH

Will

It's great to hear you're interested in the Bay Islands, both islands offer quality training and a relaxed lifestyle.

We schedule MSDT classes each month at UDC, and I think can also benefit you is the option for you to intern with our seasoned Instructors after the MSDT classes. It's a great way to learn from very experienced Instructors and develop your own teaching style, and use your time productively especially if you're looking for employment. Some people just spend a week or 2 interning, and then find work, others like the comfort and take their time to intern for longer.

We also have a very diverse range of Instructor level specialty Instructor training you can take, from marine ecology programs, to the full range of DAN courses, and also we have DPV's and semi-closed rebreathers.

If you'd like specific information please feel free to PM me with your e-mail and I'll get back to you ASAP, sorry I'm a little late to the thread, we just finished our April Instructor course last week and are now working on our April MSDT program.

Hi All,

Just a heads up on Apartments on Utila. We don't offer a Cothes Drier but do have a tenant washing machine with lines in the shade and sun. All our units are one bedroom (1 double or 2 single beds), one bath (shower and bathtub), unlimited hot and cold water, WiFI, Cable TV, full kitchens (full sized Frig, oven, range, microwave utencils), full living room and two private balconies per unit. High security property. They are $500. per month or $125. per week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom