? for Poseidon users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rooske41

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all

Would there be any issue with mixing Poseidon second staged on a Poseidon first stage? In other words, could a Jetstream/Oden and a Cyclone be used on the same first stage? What type of adjustment would be required?

Thanks Guys

rooske41:
Hi all

Would there be any issue with mixing Poseidon second staged on a Poseidon first stage? In other words, could a Jetstream/Oden and a Cyclone be used on the same first stage? What type of adjustment would be required?

Thanks Guys

there would be no problem doing this since most of the internal components are more or less the same. i myself have a xtreme and i change my second stages all the time. sometimes with other brands as well. i also have friends thatmix and match cyclone/jetstream 1st and 2nd stages like you without any problems

Thanks Spoon.

I've owned a Dacor Olympic reg for some years now. It has been good to me but with the Mares/Dacor parts and service issues of late, well it's time to buy a new reg setup. I've used Poseidon Cyclone's before on deep dives (130ft) and was pleased with the results. So,I picked up a second hand Cyclone first and second and was thinking of getting a Jetstream/Odin to use as my primary second stage. This question came up mainly due to the different IP's that each second stage is tuned for.

rooske41:
Thanks Spoon.

I've owned a Dacor Olympic reg for some years now. It has been good to me but with the Mares/Dacor parts and service issues of late, well it's time to buy a new reg setup. I've used Poseidon Cyclone's before on deep dives (130ft) and was pleased with the results. So,I picked up a second hand Cyclone first and second and was thinking of getting a Jetstream/Odin to use as my primary second stage. This question came up mainly due to the different IP's that each second stage is tuned for.

ive even used other 2nd stage brands on my poseidon. whatever works for you.

The Cyklon 1st stage has an IP of around 180 PSI, where the Jetstream & Xtremes are around 135 PSI, just like most all other manufacturer's regs. Swapping back & forth with those Jetstream & Xtreme parts & other mfgr's stuff shouldn't pose any problem.
Cyklons will run more or less OK on lower pressures but I'd be a little anxious about running a non-Cyklon 2nd on a Cyklon 1st without cranking down the IP first.
Having an adjustable 2nd would help matters, allowing easy tweaking of the 2nd stage w/o digging into the innards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom