For those who wonder...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If you wonder what I look like, I just managed to add a pic to my profile.

After all my messages, perhaps a small presentation is also due:

36, single, have been diving for 2.5 years, 143 dives, Dive Master with PADI.

Italian by birth, I now live in Belgium, but my family and most of my friends are still in Italy.

...Great picture!
I myself lived in Italy. Just had a memorial day weekend reunion with those I went to school with in Napoli. In Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
I was having such a good time there that I ended up staying for 26 days to get some diving in. I sure do miss, Italy, and all of Europe. Have you ever dived the Med?, maybe around Capri?, Ischia? Just thought I'd say Ciao.
Kevin:)

Hi Kevin,

I come from Northern Italy (Piedmont) and usually manage to get one (yeah, no more) dive a year in the Med, in Liguria, usually in the Portofino area.

I'm starting a project for a ten days' course in underwater archeology for September 2003, possibly in San Vito lo Capo, Sicily or just off Lecce, Puglie; I'd prefer the second option as my non-diving boyfriend lives there, but I still have time, I'll get all the info and see in a few months, there is still the Maldives for January.

I wish that I looked so nice (simpatica? or bella?) coming out of the water! Every time someone takes a picture of me leaving the ocean, I look like a swamp monster!

I thought you might be Italian (by the name.) I spent un'po time in Perugia & Assisi, and Italian is my second language. I am trying to learn scuba vocabulary because my instructor wants me to assist with a student who is coming over from Italy. So far I know: bombole, penne, maschera, e borsa. I have a lot to learn.

Well, if you think I'm nice (simpatica) I might agree, but beautiful (bella), that's a bit far-fetched!

If you need anything in order to improve your Italian, just let me know, I might even decide to come over there and lend a hand...

Got a pro insurance, can dive!

Although my wife was born in the US both sides of her family are Italian immigrants. We have traveled to Italy several times to visit relatives or go to a wedding but I have never been fortunate enough to get to dive there.

One of here closest friends from Torino recently married a Frenchman and is living in Paris. I convinced him to get certified so he could dive on their honeymoon in the Caribbean (she still speaks to me). Anyway to get to my point we are considering a joint dive vacation with them and was considering Portofino. I saw that you had dove there and was interested in your input.
Thanks Steve
:froggy:

Back
Top Bottom