Force fin exercises to practice or techniques?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So far, from further testing my Force Fin Extra Force in my friend's pool a couple of times and I am not getting so used to them just yet. I tried straight and stiff ankle method and end up over kicking and having side shutter. Small bicycle kick type with slightly relaxed and bent knees and it just does not have the thrust. Very small flutter kick and I hit my fins, together. Dang it can be frustrating.

Does anyone know the "perfect" kick, I watched the video many times. Blair, can you post a "how-to" demonstration on land with the use of youtube? Maybe even other kicks too. Break it down "Barney" style with a yard stick so we can know the gap of the per fect kick. Also how to maximize and engage the "snap" action of the fins.

Could anyone post exercises as of what you do to condition themselves for scuba diving and the use of your Force Fin?

This information would be highly useful for new people like myself and many other soon-to-be Force Fin users. Thanks.

as for technique- well find a swim coach and do that for a while. it is the technique of a swimmer. The power has to come from you abs, hips, tighs, through the ankle. Its difficult to teach and even more difficult to explain in words. But basically just need to swim more and develop the kick without fins then try add fins later.

I recall that you don't have whiskers on your fins. It will greater help stabilize the fins in the water.

castangajt
I like that break it down barney style. The whiskers will help you out and it is very possible you have to much Fin? Where did you get the fins from and have you used the fins with full scuba gear? I do recommend you get in the water as much as you can and keep trying to make the fins work for you!
I will work on a video, but be sure to view the www.forcefin. com website for some videos. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to giving you more info soon! Always with new equipment and especially with specialized diving equipment it can take time to master the in and outs. Bottom line dive dive dive.

Well, exposed with Marines for a few years I tend to catch some of the Marine Corps jargon and use it quite frequently, still. I got the fins from ebay, actually for 98.00 shipped. It was a deal too hard for me to pass up.

Honestly, I don't test out products in open water until I feel comfortable with it in a pool with some sort of supervision, even if it is just a new mask or snorkel. That definitely goes with the Force Fin Extra Force. In short, no I did not test it with full scuba gear just yet.

I am thinking of buying a Force Fin Pro and build up my experience with that, once I get that fin down and understand the true physics of the Force Fin then I will buy the whiskers and start using my Force Fin Extra Force. Once I have the cheese to purchase my dive locker then I will take on to the open water with the Force fins, along with supervision. I am looking forward in receiving more information and watching more of your Force Fin videos.

Castanagajt,
I understand waiting to comfortable until you hit open water, just wondered if you had been in the pool with full gear? Great deal on the fins is right! WOW Extra Force for 98.00! You will be able to use them one day I am sure! Keep trying and if you are looking at the Force Fin Pros proforce_product
great choice! Keep wet and keep kicking Force Fins.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, Blair. You make me feel happy:dancingsnoopy:

I thought I was going to s**t bricks when I saw this fin, especially, it came in the right size and bungees. The same price as the regular or even the pro's ya darn skippy I had an envision that I must have Force Fin on my feet and it is my desire that I must waddle with pride:D

You are right, all I need is more practice and that I shall do. Although, with the frustration, I do feel the benefits which I am passionate of and glad to share to the curious about.

Example: I went to the Summerlin Sport Chalet store 28, near my home and saw an original Force fin in the scuba section. Strange sight to see, especially the fin is labeled under "fish" in turn, this Force Fin was supposed to be in Mountain/fishing shop. I just had to ask the new scuba associate about it, fortunately, he didn't know a thing about Force Fin. Explaining to him about this fin made him very excited, now he wants a pair. It helps that Christian, the other worker is an avid Force Fin user user for years with the original Force Fin. He wants the Extra Force with whiskers.

I am going to get a pair of pros' sooner or later. It could be my first paycheck...Things that make you go, hmmmmmm. I can realistically see myself collect them, except the tan deltas. That Seal Team Six Action Figure will be mine! Does he have a name? Are there any left? Thanks, Blair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom