ForceFin DEMO Days 18-19 Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meesier42

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So after quite a few request and the desire to try before you buy. I am going to make myself and my collection of ForceFins available for all to try. I have decided to host a demo day at Lake Rawlings on Oct 18-19th. Yes, this is the same weekend as the DUI Dog Days Rally so hopefully some of you will already be there.

I will have the Extra Force TanDelta, Excellerating Force TanDelta, Foil Force, Pro Force and Military SD-1 fins available. I have plenty of the comfort insteps and will fit each diver to the fin.

For all those interested please reply on this thread so that I can have an idea of what to expect, of course, please include which fin you would like to try most and which day you plan to be there. The only thing that I may ask is that you write a short review of the fin that you use. of course, I might be snapping some pictures along the way.

Hope to see many of you out there.
Josh

I got a call from Bob yesterday, he said he could find a couple more pairs for the DEMO day, but we need to get people to sign up for it.

Josh,

I met you at the DC Dive show this past weekend (Jackie who pestered you guys all weekend). I managed to borrow a pair of Extra Force Tan Delta fins on Sunday and had a chance to spend several hours diving them on Monday and Tuesday. I definitely want to try the Excellerating Force Tan Deltas and to talk with you about size. I was surprised to discover that my buddy's XXLs fit fine with my drysuit boots (size 10 OTB SARs) and with the comfort instep were fine with a pair of thick soled size 9 wetsuit boots. I really liked the open toe feel, but I think I would like a little more fin to move gear. I had no problem back kicking and could frog kick into current in them, but I just wanted a little more fin. I was also surprised that I could really tell the bouyancy difference with and without the comfort instep. You were right about how well they scull to hold position:). The fins I tried had whiskers on them.

I used them at the aquarium and got lots of questions about them. Anyway, I will be at Rawlings all weekend (Friday afternoon through Sunday) and would like to try the Excellerating Force Tan Deltas and a pair of the Pro Force fins.

BTW, I'd like to say thanks to Bob and Susanne for patiently answering my questions all weekend. I'm very glad that you guys came all the way to DC for a first year show. Josh, thanks for bringing in your fins on Saturday so I could see that colorway.

See you soon,

Jackie

a little more fin !!!!

its cool to hear that you found a pair to play with and liked the ability to scull, back kick etc.. I think you will really like the Excellerators as I found I can manuever much more accurately with more positive feedback.

only 10 days until Lake Rawlings and we only have 1 person confirmed, I was expecting quite a few more. going to have to do some more advertising.

just a couple more days, my gear is readily awaiting, I just hope more than 1 person will be coming out,

Josh,
I love my Delta Forces (in a stealthy smoke which has faded a bit over the past 4 years) which mainly get used in warm water diving due to size of my dry suit shoe. Wish I could come to the southeast for the demo, but we are still diving and training until the roads close at month's end.
Keep up the great work.

Peter Stalker
Volunteer ranger
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

ok, the car is packed, I hope to see many people out there and have some great dives

sorry all. I just got home from the doctors office, I woke up this morning very sick and couldn't make it, based on the response that I got here, I am guessing not too many people really missed out. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll do my best to make sure that you get your chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom