Ford Bronco sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost any car can work as a scuba-car.... for 1 person. For 2 people, you'll have to eliminate a few, like the Boxster, MR2 Spyder, or Miata. A Corvette would still work though, my buddy fit 8 scuba-tanks in his Corvette trunk.

If you're a little more specific about what you usually bring with you to go Scuba-diving, or even your non-scuba needs. (How many divers? How often, and how many passengers? Kids or Adults? Does speed, gas-mileage, towing power, etc matter?)
I use a Kia soul, plenty of room for two cold water divers and all of the gear. Cheap and decent mileage. The bronco is very popular here in the hills.
IMG_7515.jpeg
IMG_7004.jpeg
IMG_7086.jpeg

20yo BMW wagon works great. 6+ tanks, compressor, half a dive shop worth of BCs, DSs, etc.

If I need to do a real trip I just take the 1-ton van :wink:

If I need to do a real trip I just take the 1-ton van
I'm "a sports car guy" but lately I've been looking at utility/cargo vans. I have this idea of getting one, installing some e-track, and then having several custom builds I can swap in and out, including a cargo-build, camper-build, scuba-build, workshop, and so-on.

I'm "a sports car guy" but lately I've been looking at utility/cargo vans. I have this idea of getting one, installing some e-track, and then having several custom builds I can swap in and out, including a cargo-build, camper-build, scuba-build, workshop, and so-on.
I have my 375HP ¾ton van that is just for adventures. Has bed, central heat (Chinese diesel heater), toaster oven, fridge, solar... Used for everything except a daily driver. Hardware store runs, motorcycle, dive gear as well. It should be a 400HP van if I have a little time over the holidays to do a little work on it.

I sounds kind if like you’re in love with the Bronco regardless. Just get the Bronco then.
I’m sure it would work fine as a dive vehicle, almost anything will work as a dive vehicle.
I have two dive vehicles, a 2002 4Runner and a 2002 Tacoma. The only reason I use them as dive vehicles is because that’s all I got.
If I had my druthers I’d get one of those tall Mercedes vans (Sprinter) so I could sleep in it and camp at the campgrounds by where I dive.

Enough, if I wanted to hear from a coked up babbling fool I’d watch the news.

He might be nuts. But he's usually dead on. Correct as often as any other private legit shop owner.

Fix BS cars for 25 years, you'll start to sound crazy too.

----------

Avoid the baby Bronco. Get the big one, if it's crappy, it'll be easy to fix and sell.

Avoid consumer grade big 3 cars.

Consider a Subaru Outback or Forester. Darn good cars. They should be able to do everything the baby Bronco does.

He might be nuts. But he's usually dead on. Correct as often as any other private legit shop owner.

Fix BS cars for 25 years, you'll start to sound crazy too.

----------

Avoid the baby Bronco. Get the big one, if it's crappy, it'll be easy to fix and sell.

Avoid consumer grade big 3 cars.

Consider a Subaru Outback or Forester. Darn good cars. They should be able to do everything the baby Bronco does.
And check the insurance rates. When I went from a Rav4 to a Subaru Crosstrek my insurance went from 1069 a year to 543 for max coverage.
Including a GAP provision where if it gets totaled they'll put me in the same vehicle but 2 years newer. Min coverage in PA 5000/10000 property/personal injury(which means basically nothing).
I have 50,000/100,000 on those.

I have 310K on my Tacoma and all I’ve done to it is two timing belts, two spark plug changes, multiple front brake pads, oil changes, trans fluid changes, multiple sets of tires, and that’s about it. It’s a pretty hard vehicle to kill. I’ll probably get sick of it and want something else before it dies, but it’s like a best friend that’s been there for years with me. I can’t let go of it just yet.
My 4Runner was a hand me down from my wife and it only has 135K on it, it’s barely broken in.

I have 310K on my Tacoma and all I’ve done to it is two timing belts, two spark plug changes, multiple front brake pads, oil changes, trans fluid changes, multiple sets of tires, and that’s about it. It’s a pretty hard vehicle to kill. I’ll probably get sick of it and want something else before it dies, but it’s like a best friend that’s been there for years with me. I can’t let go of it just yet.
My 4Runner was a hand me down from my wife and it only has 135K on it, it’s barely broken in.
Those are the good ones. The newer Toys are not that good anymore. But people still buy them based on the well known reliability of those 20+ year old tacomas. I know multiple people who have had new tacomas in the past 10 years. They regret getting them. Just happy the resale values were high enough they didn't loose too much when they got rid of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom