Fort Worth Scuba Club???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svnipp

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know of a Fort Worth Scuba Club? Thanks in advance. Just looking for more ways to meet people and get more involved in diving.

Hi svnipp. I am also in Ft Worth. Live north of Western Center Blvd. I am a member of the Diving Rebels Scuba Club. We meet the first Wednesday of each month in Arlington. The website is Welcome to the Diving Rebels Scuba Club Webpage. One of Texas Oldest Dive Clubs, Founded 1958 We have several dive outings coming up over the next few months. Lake Canyon, Aug 21-22, Lake Ouachita over Labor Day Weekend, Lake Travis Sept 25-26 and The Blue Lagoon Oct 23-24.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Vote for Diving Rebels.

I am aware of only two large dive clubs in the DFW area. Those clubs are the Diving Rebels based in Arlington; the Scubadillos based in north Dallas. There are a couple of smaller dive clubs in the area. The smaller clubs are generally affiliated with dive shops. The two large clubs mentioned are independent of dive shops but maintain a very cordial symbiotic relationship with the local shops.

The Diving Rebels are probably the closest to you since they are based in Arlington.

Vote for Diving Rebels.

I am aware of only two large dive clubs in the DFW area. Those clubs are the Diving Rebels based in Arlington; the Scubadillos based in north Dallas. There are a couple of smaller dive clubs in the area. The smaller clubs are generally affiliated with dive shops. The two large clubs mentioned are independent of dive shops but maintain a very cordial symbiotic relationship with the local shops.

The Diving Rebels are probably the closest to you since they are based in Arlington.

Ditto to what richerso has told you regarding clubs. Regardless of the clubs , the biggest thing for any diver is just to get out and dive.....know better way to improve on skills and get a wee bit of exercise at the same time!

I'd like more information about the Rebels. Anybody got a line on how to catch up with them?

They have a website at Welcome to the Diving Rebels Scuba Club Webpage. One of Texas Oldest Dive Clubs, Founded 1958

From there, you can find club links to email any of the current officers about additional information. They also maintain a presence on Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com. Just search for diving rebels. Lastly, you can simply show up to a monthly meeting. The next meeting is September 1 at 715pm. Meeting location is at a little restaurant location in central arlington. J. Gilligans.

They meet at J Gilligans on the first Wednesday of every month. J Gilligans is located at the intersection of Mary St and Abram St in central Arlington.

Yeah. I'm planning on heading out there next month to check it out and sign up. Looks like I'll more than make up the initiation and annual fee just in free air fills from the local affiliated shops.

Unfortunately I missed the meeting on the first, only because I'm too dumb to read a calendar. I did however dive with one of your members this past weekend out at CSSP. I didn't even know that he was a member, he is a coworker of mine so we setup the dive and he asked me on the drive out if I was interested in local dive clubs.

I am heading down to Lake Travis this coming weekend, but won't be able to dive at all the weekend of the 25-26th. I am putting the next meeting on my phone calendar now so as not to forget it again. Hope to see you there in oct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom