Fossil dive 6/29/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
ReefGuy and I are heding for Venice Beach to dive of fossils on Sunday, June 29. Time to meet has yet to be set. Anyone interested, chime in here or PM me for directions.

I'm leaning toward morning (I have some family oblications for afternoon). Probably be best for the weather, too.

Would this be a single tank dive? I've been wanting to do this dive.

Plan is for 1 tank, but if anyone wants to do a second, I can hang around and dive with you.

Bring a bag with a fine weave for your teeth (an old sock will work in a pinch) and a buddy line if you have one. If you don't have a buddy line, I'll give you one, let me know.

Marla, I'd love to have you join us.

ReefGuy once bubbled...
I'm leaning toward morning (I have some family oblications for afternoon). Probably be best for the weather, too.

I'm trying to decide if I wanna go. So what time in the morning are we talking about, cuz its a couple hours drive for me if I decide to go.

I don't want you guys to make plans based on me. I may just wait to do this dive when Paul gets home, since he lives not far from there.

Wendy,

Plans will be made based on everyone who's planning to be there. I may show up early and stay late if folks are interested in different times. It gives me an excuse to make multiple dives.

Walter

I'll definatley let you know by tomorrow afternoon. I don't have much beach diving experience (just one), but I don't have a problem with low vis. Actually I've never dived in low vis but I did all those lights out drills and that was my fav part of my course. How is the currents there? Can you tell me what to expect. I love finding treasure (like fossils and stuff).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom