Found a wreck today!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the defense Guys!!!! You said it all Dave...The carving was missing on the other side of the bow....it is of only value to me. Just a neat memory for and ole Scuba diver. David S. Great diving with ya. Lookng forward to a return visit. Have you been hearing ''Tanker Props'' in your sleep?:no:

bwade is half right. You shouldn't have pried the carving off. You should have gotten some friends together, come back with lift bags and taken the whole boat! Possibly restored to it's former glory,THAT would be a conversation piece!

Yea porgy, thought about that alot LOL, that was load !! and the lobster boat didnt help either :)

"I pryed a oramental carving off the bow...Too dark for my camera." <<<<<< NOBODY should EVER remove ANYTHING from a wreck EVER !!!

That's disgusting behaviour to me or anyone I know who finds wrecks and documents them to identify them

There are differing perspectives regarding wrecks. Since I have found stuff (wrecks) I find your pejorative comment out of place. It's all about context. In this case it isn't a historic wreck by any means.

X

Unless its in a protected area like the great lakes or st Lawrence or a war grave any wreck I'd find I'd pick clean of what I wanted before I told anyone. Especially an old private leisure vessel. If it was in saltwater where it would soon rust away anything but a war grave is stuff to add to my collection first and foremost. I did the work, I get first rewards as I see fit. Surrender the booty mates!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

its all "secret code" -

"Ornamental Carving" translates to "Brass Cannon"

JACKPOT!!!! (oops, let the cat out of the bag) :coffee:

"I pryed a oramental carving off the bow...Too dark for my camera." <<<<<< NOBODY should EVER remove ANYTHING from a wreck EVER !!!

That's disgusting behaviour to me or anyone I know who finds wrecks and documents them to identify them

When you put in the time and find your wreck, you can do whatever you want with it. :fishslap:

Nice find porgy hunter, no apologies required. We have a shipwreck challenge going on in our local lakes. After collecting any booty, we post gps coordinates for other divers.

Back
Top Bottom