Found ship anchor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I found this a couple of weeks ago, then vis went to crap. I pulled it out this past weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN7306.jpg
    DSCN7306.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 265
Could you please explain what the process you used for recovery is? Pictures are always worth a thousand words. I know you do these recoveries often, and I happen to have a nice anchor of about the same size I would like to recover. Do you use lift bags and if so how big? Do you drag it back to shore with a boat, or hoist it onboard a boat? Is the anchor dragged up a boat ramp then loaded on a trailer? Etc....

Every anchor is different, this one was lifted with a 1000 lbs. open bottom lift bag and towed to an old boat ramp we then used several 100 lbs lift bags so we could get a tighter bite to get less draft and get it closer to shore. Then backed a small utility trailer in the water. Then the 4 of us man handled it on the trailer. On the bigger anchors we drop them off at the stone yard and have the loaders pull them out. I have never had a hard time finding help, everyone like to say they helped raise an anchor.

Attachments

• DSCN7309.jpg
    DSCN7309.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 205
Awesome find! Where did you find it?

I started sanding it and have filled in some of the holes with bondo, then will go over the hole anchor with resin and but a couple coats of black paint on it.

Back
Top Bottom