Found ships bell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, have tried to find picture or drawing of the ship but never located, was build by palmer shipyard in england 1879 so i think their details are a little off. have coastguard report of the sinking from 1890

Fabulous find! Without giving the secret location (unless you want to:D) can you give us some location and circumstance details?

Great find. I have the ships bell from a navy ship that my grandfather was captain of in WWI before it was sunk out from under him. I had it mounted on my patio in south Florida before Hurricane Andrew. My brother is holding on to it right now. Trying to figure out how to get it back from him.

Great find. I have the ships bell from a navy ship that my grandfather was captain of in WWI before it was sunk out from under him. I had it mounted on my patio in south Florida before Hurricane Andrew. My brother is holding on to it right now. Trying to figure out how to get it back from him.

I'll be happy to help you reappropriate the bell.:14:

Very cool...

Be careful about cleaning it up. I was with another diver when he found the bell for the "Casket" that sank in the 1800s. It didn't clean up so well.

glenrath build 1879 sunk oct 10, 1890 off cape lookout nc

Like everyone else has said - cool find! Be very, very careful cleaning and displaying it. Actually... just bring it on over, I'll clean and display it for ya & you can come visit it anytime! :14:

One would have to guess that the rest of the ship would be nearby. Was there any other indications of a ship in the vicinity? I hope you have GPS coordinates so you can go back to the same site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom